- Beware that if you leave the UK permanently to live overseas, you may no longer be eligible for NHS care.
- If you need medical assistance, you need an address in the UK and the be registered with a GP (preferably your old one).
- Be aware that University of the West Indies Hospital is not cheap, so unless you have substantial savings, be prepared!
- Save your pension for a rainy day.
- You do not want to be isolated. Plan in advance where you will live. Is it near the airport/hospital/doctor?
- Will you need transport?
For advice and support, please contact NSOCA for a safe and happy retirement:
Tel: 020 7733 7337
Bernadette M-Raggett (Legal Advisor)